Downtown Kansas City

  • Wednesday, July 1, 2009
  • Jeremy Jewell
  • Two weekends ago my dad and two of my cousins came to Kansas City for a visit.  On Saturday we went to the Liberty Memorial, which is home to The National World War I Museum.  I like going to Liberty Memorial, and have been there many times, but I had never gone through the museum until that day.  It was a very interesting place and I suggest you go there if you ever have the opportunity.  In addition to the museum, you can also go up in the Liberty Memorial tower.  This photo was taken from the top of the tower, looking north into downtown Kansas City, Missouri (where I live; you can see my building if you know which to look for).

    This photo is composed of 5 exposures, and was hand held.  I normally like to use a tripod if I'm going to make an HDR photograph, but hand held was the only way I could do it that day.

    Downtown Kansas City

    5 comments:

    1. Katie said...
    2. Jeremy, I really like this picture. I like how you have a lot of the clouds in the picture. I like that it kinda looks like the big cloud stops right over that high rise. Plus, I'm pretty sure I can pick out your building!

      July 2, 2009 at 8:59 PM
    3. Jeremy Jewell said...
    4. I'm glad that you mentioned that you like all of the clouds. As I was working on this photograph I had considered cropping it to a more traditional close shot of downtown. Obviously, I decided against that because I like the huge mass of clouds in the picture too, and this is what I was going for when I took the photograph at a wide focal length. I'm glad at least one other person appreciates what I did with this shot!

      July 3, 2009 at 4:10 PM
    5. Katie said...
    6. I do like it. I'm glad you didn't go with the traditional close shot. You can get that any time, this is better!

      July 5, 2009 at 8:48 PM
    7. Matthew L. Wells said...
    8. Yes as Katie said. Traditional is just another word for cliche. Looks good as is.

      July 7, 2009 at 9:29 PM
    9. Jeremy Jewell said...
    10. Success!

      July 9, 2009 at 5:59 PM

    Post a Comment

    Copyright 2010 Jeremy Jewell
    Template by Blogger Bits