Steamboat Panorama

  • Wednesday, November 18, 2009
  • Jeremy Jewell
  • This is a picture I took with my old Canon PowerShot A70.  It is actually 5 pictures stitched together to form this panoramic view of the scene.  I took this at the Steamboat ski resort in Colorado in 2006 over spring break.  It’s a pretty cool ski area with lots of trails and lots of lifts that can keep you skiing on new trails all day.  The problem with Steamboat is how far from I-70 it is located (although this may make it less crowded than ski areas that are closer to I-70).  It was a good trip and Steamboat is a good place to go if you’ve got a special reason to go there, or really don’t mind driving the extra hours, but there are plenty of excellent ski areas closer to I-70.

    Anyway, enjoy the picture.  I stitched this together shortly after I took it, but I re-did it recently because I wanted to show more detail in the snow in the foreground; in my original it was blown out and just showed up as white.

    Steamboat Panorama

    6 comments:

    1. Ward Jewell said...
    2. I know this one. It was my laptop screen saver until you sent the substation picture!

      November 18, 2009 at 11:41 AM
    3. Ginna said...
    4. VERY NICE! Beautiful picture!

      November 18, 2009 at 2:55 PM
    5. Jeremy Jewell said...
    6. Thanks!!

      November 19, 2009 at 6:15 AM
    7. Matthew L. Wells said...
    8. Aaaaah, I remember that trip. It was the first time I ever went snowboarding. Good times.

      As for the picture, I like it, it is very good, but I am sure if I saw it full size it would be spectacular, because as it is, it reminds me of a postcard.

      Have you printed this out? I bet this is one of those photos that end up looking a lot better when printed out.

      November 20, 2009 at 11:03 AM
    9. Jeremy Jewell said...
    10. I haven't printed this one, but you're right, it would look great printed. Seeing it in this smaller size on the computer definitely doesn't do it justice.

      If I remember correctly, you gave yourself a minor concussion on this trip and you were even wearing a helmet!!

      November 20, 2009 at 11:15 AM
    11. Matthew L. Wells said...
    12. Haha...yeaaaaaaah..... I did that. Wasn't too fun, quite painful also!

      November 20, 2009 at 12:44 PM

    Post a Comment

    Copyright 2010 Jeremy Jewell
    Template by Blogger Bits