Desert Life

  • Tuesday, April 27, 2010
  • Jeremy Jewell
  • This is the desert.  It isn’t exactly what I imagine when I picture the desert.  I like a desert like the Sahara; sand for miles and excruciatingly hot.  But this is an American desert; just kind of scrubby.  This picture actually depicts a pretty good looking desert.  Not too many scrubby plants on the ground and some cool rock formations in the back.

    I took this at Joshua Tree National Park.  Unfortunately, most of the time I was there it was cloudy and not especially pretty.  Luckily it cleared up in the afternoon and I got some nice looking pictures.  I want to go back soon.  Things are blooming and all that good stuff.  I want to get there before it gets too hot and everything dies again.  Also I’d like to do some night shooting there.  This time I forgot my tripod, otherwise I would have.  D’oh!


    Desert Life
    Exif information
    Model Canon EOS 20D
    Original date 2009:12:05 1:51 PM
    Exposure time 1/400 sec
    Focal length 10mm
    F-Stopf/8
    ISO speed ISO-100
    Exposure Bias0

    1 comments:

    1. Matthew L. Wells said...
    2. After reading the title of this post, I was expecting a fox or some kind of critter, oh well.

      Why don't you head to Death Valley? I think that desert may be similar to the ones you are expecting and demanding.

      You could get some real good ultra long exposure night photography out in the desert! I am jealous, there is too much unnatural light around here that keeps me from being able to do it as successfully.

      April 27, 2010 at 5:36 PM

    Post a Comment

    Copyright 2010 Jeremy Jewell
    Template by Blogger Bits