Splash!

  • Thursday, April 22, 2010
  • Jeremy Jewell
  • I took this last Friday when I went down to the beach after work.  After this week, I probably need to do that again.  And I’m sure you have questions.  Did I get wet? Yes.  Did I clean my camera and lens really well?  Yes, always after the beach.  Did I fall in the ocean?  No, not yet, and hopefully never do.  Do I love going to the beach?  ¡Absolutamente!

    There’s something I really like about square photographs.  They’re great.  But what’s the deal with “standard” size photo frames?  If you want a square frame, you won’t be able to get it at Hobby Lobby unless you build a custom frame.  You can order them online, but most of the websites I’ve seen that have them for sale don’t have good preview pictures of the wood.  For all I know I’m getting some cheap frame made out of plywood.  And how is their quality control?  Most of the frames I see in stores have defects; are these online stores the same way?

    I guess I’ll figure out a way around it if I ever want to hang a square photo.  I think you’ll be seeing more natively square photos soon though… wink wink


    Splash
    Exif information
    Model Canon EOS 20D
    Original date 2010:04:16 5:57 PM
    Exposure time 1/80 sec
    Focal length 10mm
    F-Stopf/8
    ISO speed ISO-100
    Exposure Bias0

    4 comments:

    1. Ginna said...
    2. Very cool. Can't wait for our trip out there!

      April 22, 2010 at 6:41 PM
    3. Jeremy Jewell said...
    4. Me too!!

      April 23, 2010 at 4:54 PM
    5. Matthew L. Wells said...
    6. Have you checked Wal-Mart of Halmark? I feel like one of those two should have a square frame.

      Speaking of frames however, I still really like the "frame" you have your HDR of the power station in. Where'd you get that anyway?

      April 25, 2010 at 4:46 PM
    7. Jeremy Jewell said...
    8. I don't really shop at walmart. Does halmark have big frames? I got that frame for the substation at Hobby Lobby.

      April 25, 2010 at 4:51 PM

    Post a Comment

    Copyright 2010 Jeremy Jewell
    Template by Blogger Bits