Oregon's Waterfalls: Horsetail Falls and Wahkeena Falls

  • Tuesday, July 13, 2010
  • Jeremy Jewell
  • Next on the tour is Horsetail Falls.  See that?  It looks kind of like a horse’s tail.  

    This Would Also Be Horesetail Falls

    It's Horsetail Falls

    Let’s take a moment and enjoy a calmer, more peaceful waterfall; Wahkeena Falls.  Almost a babbling brook, if you will.  The actual falling part of this one is upstream, but it was rainy and we didn’t want to make the trek up.

    It's the Bottom of Wahkeena Falls

    It's the Bridge at Wahkeena Falls

    Also the Bottom of Wahkeena Falls

    One More of the Bottom of Wahkeena Falls

    3 comments:

    1. Matthew L. Wells said...
    2. Are pictures 3-6 taken with your ND filter? I've been wanting to get daytime photos like that, but I have a lot of trouble with keeping it from being overexposed. Though as I write this, I realize that I didn't just try lowering the exposure on my camera. D'oh.

      July 15, 2010 at 8:39 AM
    3. Jeremy Jewell said...
    4. No, actually those are just hand held, longer exposures. I cranked up the aperture and set the shutter as slow as I could without overexposing the pictures. It helped that it was overcast and there was a lot of tree cover too.

      July 15, 2010 at 11:41 AM
    5. Matthew L. Wells said...
    6. You shot those hand held? You may have the most steady hands in the world then!

      July 15, 2010 at 11:51 AM

    Post a Comment

    Copyright 2010 Jeremy Jewell
    Template by Blogger Bits