Oregon's Waterfalls: Latourell Falls

  • Wednesday, July 14, 2010
  • Jeremy Jewell
  • This is it.  The waterfall that got me soaked.  OK, it’s not the waterfall’s fault.  And I didn’t get completely soaked, but I did get pretty wet.  It wasn’t raining when we got out of the car, so my dad and I walked down to the base.  On the way down it started raining a little bit, but nothing serious.  Then we got to the base and I got a few pictures with my wide lens.  We were heading back up when I decided I needed a picture of myself.  That’s when it really started raining.  My dad shot a couple pictures, and the downpour started.  I put my camera under my jacket and we ran back up the hill to the car.  It was too late though; the damage was done.  We were pretty wet.  It was worth it though, and my camera survived.

    It's Latourell Falls

    I’m usually the one taking pictures.  I don’t take too many self-portraits when I’m out shooting at pretty places, so when I had the opportunity to have my dad take a picture of me with a cool background I jumped on it.

    Me at Latourell Falls (or maybe somewhere in the rain forest?)

    2 comments:

    1. Matthew L. Wells said...
    2. So that is your wide angle lens that shot that first picture and not a panorama? Did you do any kind of cropping?

      That's a lie about the self portraits, you have a bunch of them on your 365 day project!

      However that is a real good shot, is it going to be a facebook profile picture?

      July 15, 2010 at 8:38 AM
    3. Jeremy Jewell said...
    4. No, it is a panorama. Three shots with the 50. I forget the exact sequence of lens changes.

      As for the self portraits.. those are, for the most part, taken at home or around the office. Not at the fun places I go.

      July 15, 2010 at 11:39 AM

    Post a Comment

    Copyright 2010 Jeremy Jewell
    Template by Blogger Bits