bicicleta

  • Thursday, September 9, 2010
  • Jeremy Jewell
  • Bikes are fun vehicles, and I’m intrigued by the different types of bikes out there. In California everyone had sweet beach cruisers (I spent a lot of time in places those were practical). Around here there are a lot of general bikes, like mountain bikes and road bikes. Then you’ve got your hipsters with fixies, like my dad, who just built a cool custom one from scratch. In Minneapolis you can rent community bikes from little stations all around town; freaking sweet. I think after I get settled here I might want to build a fixie too. I’ll give my dad’s a try next time I’m home to see how I like riding it before deciding, but I can imagine it’ll be pretty cool. There are a lot of really sweet looking bikes on Flickr, and that only serves as more motivation to build my own. There’s something about a fixed gear bike that looks especially cool. That short chain going straight from one cog to the other, with no derailleur hanging down is so clean and simple looking. They look even cooler with custom handle bars, like bullhorn handlebars, or some drop handlebars with a nice smooth arc to them. Then when you color coordinate certain parts, it just brings it all together in one sweet looking piece.

    film.70

    film.62

    film.53

    film.68

    film.67

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Copyright 2010 Jeremy Jewell
    Template by Blogger Bits