Lawrence Pt. 1: Jefferson's

  • Tuesday, August 16, 2011
  • Jeremy Jewell
  • A while back, my friend Gus told me his band would be playing in Lawrence, Kansas, which is just a short drive up the highway from where I live. Of course I had to make the trip to see his show; I had only seen his band play once before and really wanted to check them out again. On top of that, I went to college in Lawrence, and it had been a couple of years since I had been back, on account of me living in California and all for a while. So I got my friend Scott, who also went to school at KU, and we headed off one Thursday evening.

    We went pretty early so we could grab some food down on Mass Street, and look around a little before the show. I picked a little place called Jefferson’s, known for their buffalo wings and pretty waitresses (at least that’s what I knew them for). Oh how things have changed. Their buffalo sauce was good, but in the years since school I have found better; much better (yeah, I’m talking to you The Peanut). As for the waitresses, they weren’t anything to write home about; they used to have the cutest ladies working there! Oh well, it was still fun hanging out there with Scott, sort of like old times (I don’t think in the four years we went there he and I ever actually ate there together).

    After dinner we made our way over to the Jazzhaus. Check back tomorrow for part two of this gripping tale!

    IMG_1668

    IMG_1673

    IMG_1676

    IMG_1678

    IMG_1680

    IMG_1677

    IMG_1682

    2 comments:

    1. La Branĉaro said...
    2. Love that shot of pure bokeh! Sounds like a fairly fun evening! Of course, I'm more into waiters :-D

      August 18, 2011 at 9:02 AM
    3. Jeremy Jewell said...
    4. Thanks Jesse! It had been a while since I posted any pure bokeh like that. I like those shots too. Unfortunately, the waiters weren't anything to write home about either.

      August 19, 2011 at 10:44 AM

    Post a Comment

    Copyright 2010 Jeremy Jewell
    Template by Blogger Bits