Mixx it up

  • Friday, October 28, 2011
  • Jeremy Jewell
  • My ladyfriend recently introduced me to what is now one of my favorite restaurants in Kansas City. It’s a place called The Mixx, and they feature a lot of locally grown food, purchased from local businesses that specialize in that sort of thing. While that’s all well and good, the real reason I like it is because this Waldorf Chicken Salad Sandwich on a croissant is freaking good. While everything is prepared quickly, it’s all on the healthy side of the spectrum, and you can’t complain about that. Salads seem to be their bread and butter, if you will, but they have a pretty decent sized menu overall. My only complaint is the seating. The dining area is a huge open room with tables everywhere. It reminds me a little of a cafeteria at a ski resort, which give me endless amounts of anxiety. Luckily it’s not as crowded as a ski resort in this place, so finding a table hasn’t been too difficult. I’d definitely recommend this joint for a lighter dinner or lunch that will be tasty and healthy.

    Oh, a quick note on the pictures. I shot them with this awesome Lomography Redscale XR 50-200 film. Although the tones rendered are normally awesome, they definitely do not recreate accurate skin tones.

    film.254

    film.254b

    film.254c

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Copyright 2010 Jeremy Jewell
    Template by Blogger Bits