June 19, 2015 | Old San Juan

  • Friday, June 19, 2015
  • Jeremy Jewell
  • My first trip through San Juan was in 2011, at the tail end of my first cruise. It was a cool visit, but it was done in sort of a whirlwind of a tour. When I went back last November, I realized how close together everything we toured was the first time. I had no idea we could have pretty much walked between all the spots we stopped on the first tour (because we did walk between them all, and from the ship, in November). I really liked seeing some of the same places, but with a little different perspective this time. Here's part one of my photo tour of Old San Juan, comparing my 2011 shots to my 2014.


    Plaza de Colón
    In 2011, this plaza was deserted, and there were a lot of pigeons. In 2014 there was a sort of craft market all around the perimeter, and there were people everywhere. Still lots of pigeons.
    2011:


    2014:







    Old San Juan Food Court
    I had no idea what this place was called, and was so thrilled to stumble on it again in 2014. Let's see how it's changed.. Well, the fan is surprisingly the same. The weather was still hot. The beer is still cheap, but we went for the Piña coladas (advertised as the best in the universe), which were delicious (best in the universe is debatable though)!

    2011:


    2014:
    Food Court 2

    Food Court 1


    Street
    Between the food court and the Plaza was a road. I took a couple shots there both times, including an attempt at recreating the sewer drain shot of 2011. Honestly, I like the 2011 photo better.


    2011:


    2014:
    Old San Juan Gutter



    Old San Juan Water

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Copyright 2010 Jeremy Jewell
    Template by Blogger Bits