Fishy Silverwood Lake

  • Tuesday, February 9, 2010
  • Jeremy Jewell
  • I took this picture at Silverwood Lake in the San Bernardino Mountains.  I went exploring one day, with one of the area’s mountain lakes in mind as my eventual destination and found myself at this dam (seen on the left).  It was a pretty area, and there were great wispy clouds in the sky that day (not so much seen in this particular picture), which are my favorite kind of cloud to photograph.  There were also a lot of annoying people with stereos fishing at the other end of the dam, taking up some good photographic real estate.

    This photograph is a panorama comprised of three shots stitched together.  Each picture is a single exposure.  After stitching them together, I did some editing in Photoshop to get the exact look I wanted.  I titled this Fishy Silverwood Lake for a couple reasons.  First of all, it’s a lake and there are most certainly fish living within (see above for indirect evidence of this), and second, the angle of view is greater than my 10mm lens could achieve.  Whether or not it is 180 degrees from left to right as would be the case with a fisheye lens, I don’t know, but I do know it’s very wide.  There’s also no crazy fisheye distortion.  I felt fishy was a fair description.  Enjoy.

    Fishy Silverwood Lake
    Exif information
    Model Canon EOS 20D
    Original date 2009:11:21 14:29
    Exposure time 1/400 sec
    Focal length 10mm
    F-Stopf/9
    ISO speed ISO-100
    Exposure Bias-1

    2 comments:

    1. Matthew L. Wells said...
    2. Preeeeettty.

      I really like the blues! Which are one of my favorite colors I look for in pictures.

      Did you take this photo from a bluff or something? It looks like you are pretty high up.

      February 9, 2010 at 4:10 PM
    3. Jeremy Jewell said...
    4. Blues are my favorite too; most of my pictures feature blue, but I sometimes break away and go with some red.

      Yes, it would have been a pretty healthy fall from where I was standing had I slipped on my trek down from even higher.

      February 9, 2010 at 4:38 PM

    Post a Comment

    Copyright 2010 Jeremy Jewell
    Template by Blogger Bits