Stop Motion

  • Tuesday, March 2, 2010
  • Jeremy Jewell
  • I really dig this photo.  I took a few similar ones but this one stood out because of the water movement in the background.  Of all the pictures I took this was the only one where the water got high enough to run down the rocks in the back.  I took this at sundown at the Little Corona part of Corona Del Mar Beach (my favorite!), so I was able to get this sweet two second exposure without any filters.

    It amazes me how many times I’ve been here and had someone ask what I’m taking pictures of, or why I’m taking pictures.  It happens elsewhere too, but these times have been the most recent.  I never know exactly how to respond because I don’t want to sound like a jerk and say ‘uhh, because I like taking pictures’ so I usually manage some variation that comes off in a pleasant manner.  I should start making up stories about why I’m taking pictures; the more outrageous the better.  I’ll let you know how that goes, but until then, enjoy this!

    Motion
    Exif information
    Model Canon EOS 20D
    Original date 2010:02:13 5:47PM
    Exposure time 2 sec
    Focal length 50mm
    F-Stopf/8
    ISO speed ISO-100
    Exposure Bias0

    5 comments:

    1. Ginna said...
    2. Very cool!! Can't imagine why people wonder why you're taking pictures!! They must have become immune to the awe and beauty of the area.

      March 2, 2010 at 2:58 PM
    3. Matthew L. Wells said...
    4. I like it, another Final Fantasy picture. Is this a river or the beach?

      Wow, I have never been asked about why I am taking pictures other than these two girls at the zoo asking if I was doing it for a school project.

      If you are getting asked that much, you should be making up outrageous stories! I know I would.

      March 3, 2010 at 9:56 AM
    5. Jeremy Jewell said...
    6. It's at the beach; waves coming in over the rocks.

      See, that's what I don't understand. Why would their first assumption be that you're doing a school project? Is photography for the sake of photography really that foreign to them?

      March 3, 2010 at 10:36 AM
    7. Matthew L. Wells said...
    8. Normally I would agree with you. But given the circumstances, their assumption/question made sense. One of them was there because of a lab. I was there 11am-2pm on a cloudy, dreary, occasionally drizzling day (in other words, not a day people normally go to the zoo on). And finally I look college age.

      But as for your situation, I agree, what is wrong with doing photography for sake of photography? How is it different then golf for the sake of hitting a ball around and having fun with friends, or if you are by yourself, as a way to relax?


      Well?

      March 3, 2010 at 7:29 PM
    9. Katie said...
    10. Jeremy, that is a very cool picture!!!

      March 4, 2010 at 6:54 PM

    Post a Comment

    Copyright 2010 Jeremy Jewell
    Template by Blogger Bits