Hideaway Pizza

  • Sunday, April 17, 2011
  • Jeremy Jewell
  • The first restaurant I ever went to was the Hideaway in Stillwater, Oklahoma; I was only a few days old. Maybe that's why I love pizza so much. I could literally eat it every day for the rest of my life and be happy. And there's no need to go crazy and add all sorts of toppings; a good old pepperoni pizza is as good as it gets. Maybe throw some mushrooms or pineapple on there now and then, but plain old pepperoni is all you really need. I'm sure some will argue with this, but to you, I'll just say you're wrong. And don't get me started on supreme pizzas. Too many flavors mixing together. It just becomes a mush of pizza. Toppings piled on toppings, building way too high for any pie. Then you've got toppings falling off, olives landing who knows where. It's a mess. Give me a pepperoni and cheese pizza.

    I seem to have digressed. The Hideaway is a good pizza joint. They expanded a number of years ago and now have some locations in Tulsa. We go there every now and then when we're in town. This was one of those times.

    film.199

    film.195

    film.189

    film.183

    hideaway-jillie

    film.188

    2 comments:

    1. Jesse said...
    2. Love your film photos :-) They are great. I completely agree about simple pepperoni. I love pizza. There's this place we go here that does do an amazing wood-fired pizza with "fancy" toppings that I do like, too. But, yes, pepperoni is the best! I've been to those places where they put everything and the kitchen-sink on the crust and it's disgusting :-)

      April 18, 2011 at 8:50 PM
    3. Jeremy Jewell said...
    4. So glad I'm not alone with a simple pepperoni! Now and then I'll go for more toppings too, but plain pepperoni is always a safe bet for me.

      April 18, 2011 at 9:22 PM

    Post a Comment

    Copyright 2010 Jeremy Jewell
    Template by Blogger Bits