Old San Juan

  • Monday, November 21, 2011
  • Jeremy Jewell
  • The last day of our cruise was spent in San Juan, Puerto Rico, where we also began our journey. The difference was that we had all morning to spend there on the way out, whereas we went straight from the airport to the ship on the way in. To pass the time we took a bus tour of new and old San Juan. These pictures are all from the old San Juan, specifically an area that had a lot of shops. Our bus stopped here for a while so we just wandered around and took it all in.

    It was really hot and humid that day (what else is new for Puerto Rico, right?). My stepdad found a little restaurant and sat down and got a drink while my brother and I wandered with my mom. Eventually we got really hot and went to have a seat in the restaurant, but it wasn’t much relief from the heat. The fan was nice, but not nearly enough.

    Despite the heat, I enjoyed seeing this area. The buildings there are all so colorful and pretty. We also toured an old fortress, of which I have many pictures. But those will have to wait for another day.

    film.273b

    film.273

    film.272

    film.271b

    film.271

    2 comments:

    1. vanessa said...
    2. I can feel the heat and intense sunshine in these shots. It's kinda nice to remember that feeling when it is so cold out right now.

      November 21, 2011 at 9:48 AM
    3. Jeremy Jewell said...
    4. I know! But as nice as it is, it never helps to actually warm me up :(

      November 21, 2011 at 12:32 PM

    Post a Comment

    Copyright 2010 Jeremy Jewell
    Template by Blogger Bits