Air Show

  • Saturday, May 9, 2009
  • Jeremy Jewell
  • I got home from work one Friday evening last summer to hear the roar of what sounded like jets flying overhead. I live near a small airport in downtown Kansas City, so it was conceivable that these jets were flying in and out of there for some reason, but quickly assumed that we were being attacked by a foreign nation and consequently sat back and waited for the bombs to start dropping.

    Then I remembered seeing a sign for the Downtown Airport Air Show. "Of course," I thought, "that is much more logical than someone deciding to bomb Kansas City." I pulled up The Google and got a copy of the schedule only to realize they were merely practicing that evening. The next day however, had flying planned for the entire day.

    The next morning I got my camera ready and started walking towards the airport. The crowd was awesome. Anywhere you could sit with a view of the airspace above the airport, people would eventually sit. After wandering around and getting some shots of the crowd and the bridge that normally would be inaccessible (unless I wanted to get run over or arrested) I headed to a nice overpass just outside the airport property for a perfect view of the action.

    This was my favorite shot of the day.

    Air Show

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Copyright 2010 Jeremy Jewell
    Template by Blogger Bits