Bean Ball!

  • Wednesday, May 13, 2009
  • Jeremy Jewell
  • Well it's about time for the annual Art/Work art show at work. This event takes place at a number of Kansas City businesses and the top three entries (as voted on by fellow employees) represent their company in a city wide art show which is hosted at Union Station. This show started the first year I was working at my current place of employment and had a decent turnout. That year I entered my Busch Stadium panorama and by all accounts should have won the contest. I was beaten out by an amateurish photograph of some firefighters putting out a fire at night; how cliche. I'm pretty sure the American Flag was even flying in the picture.

    Anyway, last year I was under a lot of pressure by the woman who organized it within our company (she loved my panorama) to submit another photo. Unfortunately, I had a lot on my plate at that time, and didn't get around to finishing up the photograph I had wanted to enter. I ended up submitting this photo, which I like, but I don't think it is contest winning material. I just wanted to put something in there to support the show.

    I took this shot in St. Louis, on another one of those extended-family vacations to see the Cardinals play baseball. It was the summer I got my new camera, so as I was snapping away like crazy, I happened to get this bean ball milliseconds before it hit the batter. It was pretty cool!

    Bean Ball

    Stay tuned for this year's submission! I'm very happy with what I've got this time around!

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Copyright 2010 Jeremy Jewell
    Template by Blogger Bits