Madison Square Fountain

  • Thursday, August 27, 2009
  • Jeremy Jewell
  • Sure, everyone has heard of Madison Square Garden, but this the Madison Square Fountain.  Pretty clever right; I just made it up.

    But seriously, I took this photograph in Madison, Georgia when I was down there for work.  Madison has a nice little historic downtown area with some shops and restaurants where we had dinner.  I did a little exploring just north of the main downtown and found this little square that was partially under construction.  I left the construction part out of the picture because it was boring; they were just pouring some concrete or something and doing some landscaping.  I enjoyed the fountain and the evening sky though.  When the place is finished it will probably look pretty nice, but at this time, the part under construction was uninteresting.  As you can see from the photograph, it was a nice night.  The days down there were extremely hot, but it had cooled down enough to make it a comfortable evening to be outside taking pictures.  The only problem was the mosquitoes; I got back to the hotel with quite a few bites.  I think it was worth it though for the pictures I got that night.

    This is another photograph I combined from two HDR photographs to get a wider perspective on the scene.  I first shot the fountain and the lower part of the sky, and then tilted my camera upwards slightly to capture more of the sky.  I really like square shaped photographs for a lot of subjects, so that was what I was going for when I took these.

    I just bought another new piece of equipment for my camera, but more on that later...

    Madison Square Fountain

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Copyright 2010 Jeremy Jewell
    Template by Blogger Bits