365!

  • Tuesday, May 4, 2010
  • Jeremy Jewell
  • As I was sitting on my balcony eating dinner tonight, I looked up and saw a beautiful evening sky and decided now was the time to go ahead and start my 365 project.  I’m posting the first one here, but the subsequent pictures will only be on my flickr page (unless I feel the picture is of quality to share here).  This page will continue as normal, with general interest pictures I’ve taken at various times.  There are a few reasons for doing this project.  First of all, it will make me shoot digital.  I’ve begun shooting more film and I’m having such a good time, I need some incentive to use my digital camera.  Second it will help me grow as a photographer.  I have to take a picture every day, and share it that same day.  Sure, some days I’ll probably phone it in, but it will be something new and at least mildly interesting (but maybe just to me).  It will definitely be a good challenge for me.  Third, I think it will be fun!

    So enjoy this one, and follow me daily on Flickr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeremyjewell/) (I’ll throw a link up on this site’s main page, over there on the right, under the ‘navigation’) but don’t stop following this site too!  I imagine the types of pictures will be pretty different.  Check out the ‘tags’ section on each picture on Flickr for the thoughts of the day.  If you’ve got a Flickr/Yahoo account, drop me a line in the comments over there, if a picture so inclines you.

    001

    Oh, and check out that clear blue sky.  No dust there!  That's because I got my sensor cleaned a few weeks ago at the Canon repair center in Irvine.  Their wonderful customer service will keep me buying Canon gear for a long time.

    2 comments:

    1. Matthew L. Wells said...
    2. As to your comment on phoning images in:

      "The best camera is the one you have in your hand."

      May 4, 2010 at 8:48 PM
    3. Jeremy Jewell said...
    4. True. I hope I can live up to this quote I just made up:

      "A photo is better than no photo."

      May 4, 2010 at 8:50 PM

    Post a Comment

    Copyright 2010 Jeremy Jewell
    Template by Blogger Bits