Chicken!

  • Thursday, May 20, 2010
  • Jeremy Jewell
  • Mmmm, I love chicken.  I can’t eat enough of it. It’s a great source of protein, low in fat, no unnecessary carbs; just a quality food item.  Let me take a minute to confess something to you.  I pretty much eat chicken at least once a day.  Can you imagine how many chickens I’ve eaten?  By the time I’m done eating chicken, I’ll have singlehandedly made a dent in the ever growing chicken population.  And grilled chicken is clearly the best kind of chicken.  And grilled chicken on a pesto pizza?  Come on.

    But you know what I don’t like?  The way most chicken is raised.  All cooped up in these barns?  Wallowing in their own filth and other dead chickens?  Disgusting.  Free range chicken is the way to go.  Chickens with names.  Do they name chickens?  I don’t know, but its beside the point.  The point is, chickens shouldn’t be raised all crammed in a barn like sardines in a can.  If I wanted to eat some meat all packed together, I’d eat some sardines from a can.  Or maybe a hamburger; that’s a bunch of cows pressed together.  But only if they’re grass fed cows.  And that’s assuming I can get a hold of some grass fed beef.  But if I could do that, I’d just eat a steak.


    film.6

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Copyright 2010 Jeremy Jewell
    Template by Blogger Bits