Accidental Art

  • Saturday, May 1, 2010
  • Jeremy Jewell
  • One interesting feature of film cameras is their ability to make cool double exposures with absolutely no effort on the part of the photographer.  Just take a picture, and then take another picture.  In fact, it takes more effort to not make a double exposure than to take one.  With that being said, let’s just pretend that I did this on purpose, and didn’t forget to advance the film in my camera.  I created art!

    Sure, you could do this in photoshop, but who wants to do that?  Lame.  I don't edit film pictures; it's policy.

    I took this/these (and the first Holga picture I shared) at the Gamble House in Pasadena.  It’s a kind of house that is famous for its architecture, kind of like a house built by Frank Lloyd Wright.  I later learned that it was Doc Brown’s house in Back to the Future.  Pretty cool.


    holga.2

    2 comments:

    1. Matthew L. Wells said...
    2. Entertaining, I refreshed your page to see if you had replied to my comment on "Waiting." Lo and Behold, I find a new post that I have not received an email about.

      So what is the second shot? Some kind of ivy covered wall?

      May 1, 2010 at 9:30 AM
    3. Jeremy Jewell said...
    4. Good eye; that's precisely what it was!

      May 1, 2010 at 9:32 AM

    Post a Comment

    Copyright 2010 Jeremy Jewell
    Template by Blogger Bits