Colorado View

  • Friday, June 19, 2009
  • Jeremy Jewell
  • This was the view we had from our condo in Georgetown, Colorado last spring when I went skiing with my Dad and Brother.  The lake and mountains were very pretty, and I got a number of pictures I liked in the area.  We have stayed in Georgetown for many years, but we’ve never stayed in these condos or even near the lake before this year.

    Although I did get some nice photos from Georgetown, I didn’t get any pictures while skiing.  For one, I’m a little nervous about taking my DSLR up the mountain while I’m skiing, as there is a greater possibility of falling while on skis with a camera than there is while just walking around with a camera.  I also tend to focus more on skiing, and less on taking pictures when I'm on the mountain.  One of these days though, I’ll work up the nerve and spend an afternoon on the mountain with my camera, taking it easy and taking photos.

    Colorado Blue Sky

    3 comments:

    1. Matthew L. Wells said...
    2. Get a Nikon. Apprantly those things are built like a tank. Guess there is a story about a guy who angered a bunch of bikers as he was taking pictures and he used his camera to beat them up and took pictures of them running away. Mind you that was back during the day of SLRs instead of DSLRs. But I'm sure it doesn't matter too much.

      You should take the camera up, I sure can't. I'd break a rib or five, shatter my lenses (My lenses are the most fragile so that makes it worse, as I'd have shards of glass in my chest too!

      Snowboarders still win however.

      June 19, 2009 at 8:29 AM
    3. Judith Jewell Land said...
    4. The way the clouds look in this photo makes it look more like a painting at first than a photo. This is beautiful!

      June 21, 2009 at 3:06 PM
    5. Jeremy Jewell said...
    6. Thank you! The movement of the clouds that day really helped achieve the look of a painting. The ability to subtly (or not subtly) make a photograph look like a painting is an interesting attribute of HDR processing; some people tend to take it way too far though.

      July 3, 2009 at 4:19 PM

    Post a Comment

    Copyright 2010 Jeremy Jewell
    Template by Blogger Bits