Highway 169

  • Wednesday, June 17, 2009
  • Jeremy Jewell
  • Sorry for the delay in updating the website; I've had other things going on lately so I've been busy and haven't made much time to get any photos ready to post.  Worry not though, I've got more for you, so keep checking back!

    I took this photograph last summer during the air show at the downtown Kansas City airport.  This is a bridge that lets US Highway 169 cross the Missouri River just north of downtown.  Normally it wouldn’t be safe and probably wouldn’t be legal for pedestrians to be on this bridge, but the entire highway was closed to let buses drive on half, and to let spectators walk on the other.

    I enjoy the architectural design of this bridge in this picture, as well as the angles created by composing the picture like I did.


    Bridge

    2 comments:

    1. Matthew L. Wells said...
    2. Wow.



      Now then, is it just me or the bridge leaning to the left?

      June 17, 2009 at 6:47 PM
    3. Jeremy Jewell said...
    4. Haha, I believe it's the horizon that appears tilted thus making the bridge appear tilted. I rotated the image slightly to make the bridge straight, but may have sacrificed a level horizon.

      So I take the 'wow' to mean you like it?

      June 17, 2009 at 6:51 PM

    Post a Comment

    Copyright 2010 Jeremy Jewell
    Template by Blogger Bits